Version 2.0: 31/10/2017
Sekg collects and processes two types of data, (1) data related to your registration, for the purpose of creating an account with us and allowing us to manage such account and keep you informed on new gaming opportunities and others, and (2) data you provide us through playing the Games, which will be used by us to create analytics for Game Developers and other purposes set out below.
We maintain the security and confidentiality of your data in accordance with applicable law and will not make your personal data public.
By completing and submitting your personal data to Sekg, via any online registration or other forms presented on our Services, you declare to have read and accepted the terms of this Policy. Without prejudice to the foregoing, you expressly and unequivocally consent to the collection and processing of your personal data (as identified below) by us and by the Game Developers, in one or more files under the responsibility of Sekg and Game Developers, in accordance with the indicated purposes and this Policy.
You may revoke consent at any time by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org accompanied with a proof of your identity (copy of ID card or passport).
You warrant that (a) you are 16 years old or more or (b) if not, you have your parents’ consent for registering a Gamer account with Sekg and you will provide us proof of this on request. If you are not 16 or over, please contact us at email@example.com prior to registering an account.
Please read the text below carefully for the full details of this consent form.
If you tick the corresponding box, you also consent to receiving commercial communications from us regarding our and other services (see below). As you are a Sekg Game Tester, we may send you updates and news about our services. If later you do not wish to receive commercial Information about Sekg and other services (defined below), you can expressly opt out by sending a notification to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the unsubscribe link in our email communications.
1. DATA CONTROLLERS
The entity responsible for your registration and gaming data is Sensing Emotions and Knowledge Group, S.L., domiciled at Carrer Consell de Cent, 341, Principal Primera, 08007, Barcelona, Spain and with CIF B66471665. All communications regarding the processing of your personal data shall be directed to our Data Protection Manager indicated below.
Contact person: Aleix Canals Pou, email@example.com
In addition, Sekg transfers your Gaming Data to the corresponding Game Developer as set out below.
2. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
2.1 Data collected
We collect and process the following data of the Gamers:
a) Registration (Registration Data). On registering for use of our Services, we will collect the following personal data:
– name, surname, nickname, country, gender, birthday (age), email address,
– gamer profile (casual, midcore, hardcore)
– bank account or paypal details.
These data are mandatory and if they are not provided, an account cannot be created.
b) Use of our Services, including while testing the Games (Gaming Data). On using our Services, we will collect the following data:
– Gamer’s relevant data (nickname, gender, age, country, gamer profile – “casual, midcore, hardcore”);
– Gameplay (screen recording of the game while the player is playing the game) with think aloud comments;
– Biometrics (including raw heart rate and skin conductance – these are not used for identification);
– Experience Analytics (algorithms calculated based on their biometrics and behaviour); and/or
– Answers to surveys
– Keyboard strokes, mouse and touches.
– Geolocation through IP address
– Face recording (not used for identification, but facial expression)
Some of the above data, especially relating to biometrics, may not necessarily be necessary for playing the Games.
Prohibited data. In all events, it is forbidden to submit to us or upload to the Services any data that contains sensitive personal data that is relative to identifiable persons such as: your and or third party’s racial origin, membership in a trade union, religion, ideology and sexual life, your and or third party’s health; or your and or third party’s relative to the commission of criminal offences or proceedings and associated penalties or fines.
You are responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide to us and you are expected to update any information you provide us with.
2.2 Data use
General. We use your personal data to:
- Provide our Services, as described in our Terms, including without limitation access to the Games and providing you with the payments as applicable.
- Based on your profile, offer you opportunities to play certain Games and participate in the evaluation activities of Sekg.
- Analyse and/or create experience analytics (algorithms) based on your behavioural and/or biometric data and/or answers to surveys, which may be on an aggregate and anonymous basis or on a pseudonymous basis, to provide reports and statistics to the publishers of the Games you have played.
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of the Site;
- Send you information about our products and services, event announcements, product notices including those announcing changes to our terms or policies, promotional offers and surveys (“Commercial Information”)
- And for any other purpose expressly disclosed to you at the point of collection or as required or permitted by law.
3. LEGAL BASIS
The legal basis of our processing of your personal data are the following:
– For registered users, the processing of data is necessary to provide them with the contracted service and execute the contract in which the users are a Party, or to take action when requested before entering into such contract.
– For other users, our processing is based on the express informed consent, in particular for sending commercial communications
In certain circumstances, we may treat your data in accordance with this policy to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject.
4. DATA DISCLOSURE
We treat your personal data with strict confidentiality in accordance with applicable law. However, we shall disclose any personal or other data you provide us in compliance with a legal obligation or in order to correctly deliver our Services or perform other obligations in accordance to the applicable regulations and rules set forth in the website Terms.
Part of your personal data will be provided to the Game Developers as data controllers of your personal data, this personal data will include:
- Your nickname, gender, age, country, gamer profile (casual, midcore, hardcore);
- Gameplay (screen recording of the game while the player is playing the game) with think aloud comments;
- Biometrics (including raw heart rate and skin conductance);
- Experience Analytics (algorithms calculated based on their biometrics and behaviour); and/or
- Answers to surveys.
Your hereby explicitly consent to the transfer of your personal data to the Game Developers, acting as Data Controllers of your personal data, for the purposes of analysing the data for the development of their Games, and for the purpose of choosing you to play other Games (through access to your nickname). The details of the Game Developer are set out for each Game.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS (THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS)
We use the following third party services to provide our Services:
6. DATA RETENTION
We will retain the personal data submitted through registration and collected during the course of the Services until termination of the Agreement and deactivation of your Account either by you or us. Once such personal data is no longer used for the purpose mentioned above, it will be deleted.
Note that we will retain the data collected from you when playing the Games in an anonymised and aggregated format (to create analytics and data reports for the Developers and sector benchmarks).
We may retain personal data beyond the aforementioned periods for legal or administrative reasons, such as defending our responsibility and complying with mandatory legal obligations, subject to applicable law.
7. SECURITY MEASURES
The security measures and personal data protection schemes required by law will be adopted and maintained with respect to the processing (and further transfer) of your personal data by Sekg.
These measures are in accordance with the guidelines set by the National Data Protection Commissioners (https://ec.europa.eu/info/strategy/justice-and-fundamental-rights/data-protection/data-protection-eu_en#documents).
8. GAMER RIGHTS
Under GDPR you have rights in relation to your personal data. You have the right to: to the portability of your data, access, rectify, erase, block and oppose any processing of your personal data. Moreover, you may at any time withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data and information. This withdrawal will not have retroactive effects but may prevent providing the Services. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
The aforementioned rights may be effective by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Sekg (Sensing Emotions and Knowledge Group SL, Carrer Consell de Cent, 341, Principal Primera, 08007, Barcelona (Spain), provided that you include a digital copy of your identification document such as your ID card or passport.
You also have the right to make any complaint to the competent authority, in this case the Spanish Data Protection Agency (Agencia Española de Protección de Datos, Calle Jorge Juan, 6, 28001 Madrid, Spain).